The OECD‘s publication on “Preventing Violence, War and State Collapse: The Future of Conflict Early Warning and Response,” (PDF) has finally been published. I was solicited by the OECD to be the main peer reviewer for the publication, which was authored by my colleague David Nyheim.
I had a lot to add so the peer review process turned into a consulting assignment back in September 2008. My main contribution to the publication included paragraphs on:
- Evaluating CEWARN, ECOWARN and CEWS
- Fourth Generation Early Warning Systems
- Current Trends in Warning and Response
- People-Centered Early Warning
- Forecasting Armed Conflict
- Advances in Technology